Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mom


I am not with my mom today. It hurts my heart that I am missing out on celebrating with her today.
My mom is incredible - these are some of the reasons...

-She is so humble
-She works harder than anyone I know...2 jobs, 7 days a week, 13 hr days...I don't know how she does it
-She is a wonderful cook - it is so effortless for her to throw things together and they're always wonderful.
-I have never met anyone who is more hospitable that her. She loves entertaining and our front door has always been open to EVERYONE. I desire for my home to be just like hers some day - a place where people want to be and people feel safe.
-She shares my love of ice cream...and she taught me to eat it out of a mug :)
-She is an incredible teacher. I often go to her classroom and am absolutely amazed at what she does with those children. She is so respected in her school, among the teachers and the students.
-She has amazing patience. I don't know how she puts up with 7th and 8th graders every day and rowdy high school kids every week. Not to mention, she's put up with her own crazy kids for 25 years.
-She has the softest skin ever
-She loves shopping with her girls
-She is an extremely talented knitter, and though I don't share the love of knitting, I can certainly appreciate her talent
-She an even more talented writer. I have always admired her writing abilities...if only she would get that first book going... :)
-She is beyond thoughtful
-She is beyond gracious
-She is beautiful. I'll never forget my high school choir concert when the 5 people around me were telling me I had a hot mom. Her beauty has always captured me
-She smoked a cigar with my brother once...I won't even do that
-She put up with our skiing trips for 10 years when she would much rather have been laying on the beach
-She has always encouraged her kids to follow their dreams and do the things that make them happy - even when it's hard for her
-She walked 40 miles with my sister and I...woof
-She always has the right thing to say, the right advice to give
-She loves God and is so good at sharing His love and His word
-She loves her children so deeply

I have the most incredible mom. I wish she could know just how much I love and admire her. She has taught me so much and she inspires me to be a better woman, a better daughter, and a better wife. She has set such a wonderful example for me when I become a mother. I can only hope that I will raise my children with the love and passion that she has taught me throughout my life. I am so grateful for my mom and I am so proud to be her daughter.

Happy Mother's Day, Mommy.







1 comment:

  1. I am not sure who this woman is of whom you wrote...but I can tell you that she must be humbled beyond belief - especially since she has not been living like much a role model lately with all of her whining.

    Thank you for your love and for seeing me through lenses that make me look much better than I truly am. I love you.

    And, by the way, you're a great writer, too.
    mom

    ReplyDelete