Monday, May 3, 2010

Making a Habit

So...I'm not the neatest person in the world. If you asked my sister, she'd say I was messy and it was always my fault when our shared bedroom was a mess. I've always denied it.

I lived with a total of 11 different girls throughout college. Our room or apartment was always messy. I always denied that it was me.

Being married does not allow me to deny this anymore.

I am messy.

I'm not a dirty person. I just fail to put things away. It's just easier to drop my clothes on the floor when I change. Or to leave my shoes wherever I take them off rather than putting them in the closet.

I wish I would have taken a picture of the heap of clothes in our bedroom yesterday. I was sure it was an equal amount of mine and his clothes. Sure enough...he had ONE sweatshirt in the heap. Woops...

SO all this to say...I'm trying to make a habit. I remember hearing that it takes 21 days to build a habit. So I'm trying. I'm putting my clothes away and my shoes in the closet. I'll keep you posted.

One day down...so far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment