Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Giving it a shot...

So...I look at about a million blogs a day and I always think about how much fun it would be to have my own, but I don't think I'm very interesting or crafty or creative so I've held off...until now. I've decided to give it a shot. Maybe this will be a collection of random thoughts, attempted crafts, boring stories...I'm not really sure where it will go. I will try.

To kick it all off, I'd like to share something that's been on my mind today...
I read this passage in a novel...at work (working very hard, clearly)
"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you. If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners' expecting to be repaid in full. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicket. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful." Luke 6:27-36

These seem like simple rules...GOLDEN rules. These are rules I was taught as a little girl. Love everyone, turn the other cheek, treat others as you would like to be treated. These rules hit me hard today, though. It is so hard to love with His love and to be merciful, just as HE is merciful. I really struggle with this. It is a trait I long to possess - to be able to LOVE like He loves, with zero expectations.

So there it is...my first post. DEFINITELY RAMBLINGS!!

1 comment: